Header for new artwork blog

The Illustrated World of Nikki Pinder

Email: hello[at]nikkipinder[dot]co[dot]uk -- Artwork Shop: http://www.nightowlsecrets.co.uk

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Illustrator, Artist, Designer and Nightowl based in Cheshire, England.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Dreaming

On Wednesday I went to see a Goldfrapp show in the Manchester Academy. It was massively inspiring, fun and I couldn't believe how awesome Alison's voice is live. Their performance and stage set was otherworldly and quite robotic and spacey. When I got home I couldn't resist to draw a picture inspired by the evening...

I decided to call it 'Dreaming' as watching the show felt like floating in a dream. Also, I based some of the ideas within the image on their song 'Dreaming'. In particular the lyrics "Over through a dark and gentle sea, open into portal seventeen". I wanted to capture the ethereal quality of Alison's voice and the feathery swirls of her costumes and hair. I also wanted to include myself and my ace photographer friend Joel into the picture, so the two red details (with cogs) in the bottom left corner are us. The rectangle is Joel's top hat and the semi-circle is my bowler hat.

This is us on the night... trying out some new ceramic mooostachio's...

This is me Nikki Pinder aka Pikki Ninder

This is Joel Prince, or how I now like to call him "Leoj Ecnirp"

Some yum Burrito food we ate for dinner... and the red glasses I nearly lost in a book shop...



Here are lots of pictures of the show so you can see where the inspiration for the drawing came from. I even selected some of the colours I used from the photos to create a similar atmosphere. I think the outfits Alison wore looked amazing and they really helped to exaggerate her movements on stage.






















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home