Header for new artwork blog

The Illustrated World of Nikki Pinder

Email: hello[at]nikkipinder[dot]co[dot]uk -- Artwork Shop: http://www.nightowlsecrets.co.uk

My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Illustrator, Artist, Designer and Nightowl based in Cheshire, England.

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

New Pinder Postcards

Here are a few new drawings, paintings and mixed media collages I created over the weekend for my Postcard Project:

Postcard 28 - Crazy Eyes
I'm sending this postcard to a lady who lives in Glasgow, UK. This the first in a series of 'Crazy Eyes' and crazy mouths which you can hold up against your face to create an abstract expression. I drew it in a cafe last Friday when it was pouring down with rain and I was waiting for happy hour to start in the library.



Postcard 29 - Mad Eyes
I'm sending this postcard to a lady who lives in Volcano, California, USA. This is the second drawing in the 'Crazy Eyes' series. I also drew this one last Friday whilst waiting in the cafe.



Postcard 30 - Tornado
I'm sending this postcard to a man who lives in Macclesfield, UK. I was inspired to create this illustration after listening to a song called 'Tornado' by Jón Þór Birgisson.





Postcard 31 - Sky Starts Falling
I'm sending this postcard to a man who lives in Brighton, UK. I created this piece after riding my bike home from town whilst listening to music on my headphones. Just as it started to absolutely pour down with rain, an amazing song started to play which made me feel like I was flying and weightless.













Postcard 32 - Grow Till Tall
I'm sending this postcard to a lady who lives in Tetbury, Gloucestershire, UK. This piece of artwork was inspired by seeing Jónsi perform a song called 'Grow Till Tall' a couple of weeks ago. It was the most moved I've ever felt watching a musician sing live. It was a completely overwhelming experience being right at the front of the crowd as it felt as if the room was empty whilst he sung this song.











For more info about the project see: Pinder Postcards

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home